BARE Beauty 411
Okay beauties, we had to share! Here is some powerful beauty knowledge you may find helpful before your next appointment!
Hair & Color
How often should I get my hair cut?
Well, it depends on the length of your hair.
- Short hair: Trim every 4 to 8 weeks to keep the shape of your haircut fresh.
- Medium hair: Regular haircuts at 6 to 12 week intervals are very important to keep your hair healthy in appearance.
- Long hair: Trim at least every 8 to 12 weeks.
Is a haircut included in the price of a color service?
You bet! A fresh cut and color will do wonders.
Is a style included in the price of a hair cut?
Yes! We don’t want you leaving BARE with flat wet hair, so we always include styling with a cut.
If I am coloring my hair, is it better for my hair to be clean or dirty when I arrive?
Hair can be clean or dirty. But, with freshly washed hair, the color may cause irritation during initial application.
What is the difference between ombré and bayalage?
Do you offer on-site services?
Yes! Our BARE beauty-to-go service is a convenient, stress-free option to ensure a flawless look for any special occasion. The BARE glam squad will arrive at your home or event venue with a professional beauty tool kit so all you have to do is supply a chair and leave the glamour to us!
What happens at the trial run appointment?
First, we will discuss the details of your wedding, including dresses, hair, flowers, theme etc. Then, we’ll discuss what makeup, if any, you normally wear and any ideas you have. Finally, we’ll create the look you are 100% happy with for the big day!
What type of products do you use?
At BARE beauty boutique we use Glominerals makeup for a camera-ready look. Our makeup lines are great for any kind of skin, especially sensitive skin.
Do you offer airbrush makeup or spray tans?
We do not offer airbrush makeup or spray tans at this time.
Do you offer eyelash extensions?
We offer a one-time false eyelash application. At this time, we do not offer individual lash extensions.
Why should I pay to have my makeup done?
- You have spent so much money on your dress, shoes, jewelry and reception hall, why would you want to skimp on your face?
- You are unsure what colors to use and how to best apply make-up so you look fabulous in pictures.
- You want your make-up to last the entire wedding day.
- You would be too nervous on the morning of the wedding to apply your own make-up.
- You want to be pampered on your wedding day.
- You want your wedding pictures to look flawless.
- This is your wedding day and you deserve to look your absolute best.
How long is long enough for my body hair to get waxed? (I can’t wait any longer!)
We say, let the hair grow to about ¼ inch so the wax can grab the hair properly.
How old do you have to be to get waxed?
That depends. We’ll wax a beauty of any age if our esthetician feels they are prepared for the experience.
Can I wax during that time of the month?
We can absolutely perform a bikini wax or brazilian if it’s that time of the month. But … just be aware that the area is more sensitive and you may experience more discomfort than usual.
What's the difference between a bikini line and a brazilian wax?
Ok, here’s the difference. During a bikini line, we wax your panty line. A full bikini wax allows you to remove as much or as little hair as you like. Bikini brazilian goes from the front, all the way to the back for a completely nude look.
Do you sell gift certificates?
What are your hours?
What if I am running late?
How do I become a BARE glam squad member?
Is it OK if I have to bring my child(ren)?
We are working moms, so we get it! Feel free to let the kiddos tag along to your next appointment. We have a secret stash of puzzles and books just for them!